ACC's lunchtime links
May, 13, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Getting ready to board a plane to ESPN headquarters in Bristol, so here's a quick trip around the league:
- The main news of the day is Randy Shannon's four-year contract extension, and university president Donna Shalala told USA Today that Shannon will have the Canes competing for a national title "year after year."
- It took about a year to get the contract in place, but it came at the right time -- during recruiting.
- ACC commissioner John Swofford has had enough of conference expansion rumors.
- The spring meetings have ended, but the two biggest issues remain.
- Expansion is threatening the ACC.
- How about Georgia Tech to the Big Ten?
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23