You know it's June in the ACC when baseball headlines dominate the Miami Herald ...
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson is the perfect fit for his fans, so much so that he could be their coach for life -- their new Bobby Dodd -- writes Mark Bradley.
- Former Clemson defensive tackle Jamie Cumbie was dismissed from the team after he was charged with assault and battery of high and aggravated nature. This sounds pretty serious. He was released on a $10,000 bond.
- Will Wake Forest fans be able to stay awake to watch their Deacs on the West Coast?
- Former FSU coach Bobby Bowden helped restore the civil rights of his former running back, Sammie Smith.
- While this isn't an ACC story, it's an interesting read because it involves expansion and it starts with Virginia Tech's first opponent. If Boise State moves to the Mountain West Conference, the chances of a seventh BCS conference increase significantly.
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State