ACC's lunchtime links
June, 4, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
You know it's June in the ACC when baseball headlines dominate the Miami Herald ...
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson is the perfect fit for his fans, so much so that he could be their coach for life -- their new Bobby Dodd -- writes Mark Bradley.
- Former Clemson defensive tackle Jamie Cumbie was dismissed from the team after he was charged with assault and battery of high and aggravated nature. This sounds pretty serious. He was released on a $10,000 bond.
- Will Wake Forest fans be able to stay awake to watch their Deacs on the West Coast?
- Former FSU coach Bobby Bowden helped restore the civil rights of his former running back, Sammie Smith.
- While this isn't an ACC story, it's an interesting read because it involves expansion and it starts with Virginia Tech's first opponent. If Boise State moves to the Mountain West Conference, the chances of a seventh BCS conference increase significantly.
12:30 PM ET South Carolina State 23 Clemson 3:30 PM ET Richmond Virginia 4:00 PM ET Georgia Tech Tulane 6:00 PM ET Old Dominion North Carolina State 6:30 PM ET Gardner-Webb Wake Forest 7:00 PM ET Murray State 25 Louisville 7:00 PM ET Florida A&M Miami (FL) 7:00 PM ET Duke Troy 7:30 PM ET Citadel 1 Florida State 8:00 PM ET San Diego State 21 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 8 Ohio State