ACC/Big Ten football challenge
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Big Ten blogger Adam Rittenberg put this out there yesterday, and I agreed with most of the predictions.
If there were an ACC/Big Ten football challenge and the teams were matched up on neutral fields by their Sagarin ratings, the ACC would win 6-5. It was an unimpressive year for the Big Ten. Here are my picks:
- Penn State beats Boston College.
- Ohio State beats Florida State.
- Georgia Tech beats Iowa (but this would be a great game, and a track meet between Jonathan Dwyer and Shonn Greene, who has crept onto my Heisman list in recent weeks).
- Northwestern beats North Carolina.
- Wisconsin beats Virginia Tech (who knows, we may actually see this game in the Champs Sports Bowl).
- Wake Forest beats Illinois.
- Miami beats Minnesota.
- Virginia beats Purdue.
- Michigan State beats Clemson.
- NC State beats Michigan (who woulda thunk it?)
- Maryland beats Indiana. (Unless the team plays like Maryland, and loses to a team it's supposed to beat.)