Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Here are the rankings heading into bowl season, and the only changes from last week were at the top:
1. Georgia Tech (9-3) -- Despite the Hokies' claim of the ACC title, the Yellow Jackets lay claim to the best team in the league because of their consistency on both sides of the ball and an impressive come-from-behind win over rival Georgia.
2. Virginia Tech (9-4) -- The ACC champs have shown offensive progress in the past two weeks and will need even more against Cincinnati's strong defense to win the Orange Bowl.
3. Boston College (9-4) -- The Eagles have now had two chances to win the ACC title, and couldn't get it done. Their consolation prize is a trip to Nashville.
4. Florida State (8-4) -- Their worst loss was to the SEC champs, who will play for the national title. This is still a talented team that will have a home-state advantage against Wisconsin.
5. NC State (6-6) -- The Wolfpack and Rutgers will make the papajohns.com Bowl more interesting than many might think. Both quarterbacks have made the difference down the stretch.
6. Clemson (7-5) -- It will be interesting to see how the team responds to the recent staff changes in the Gator Bowl, but the Tigers have shown significant improvement offensively behind a healthy offensive line.
7. North Carolina (8-4) -- The Tar Heels will look to add another Big East win to their resume against West Virginia in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. It will essentially be a road game for the Mountaineers.
8. Wake Forest (7-5) -- The Demon Deacons will face an even better Navy team than the one they lost to in the regular season. It would have been a different game had Wake not turned the ball over six times.
9. Miami (7-5) -- The Hurricanes need to rebound from back-to-back losses against a solid Cal team, but the fact that Miami is even in the postseason is a sign of progress.
10. Maryland (7-5) -- The Terps will have a tough time against Nevada, especially without their defensive coordinator, Chris Cosh, who bolted back to K-State.
11. Virginia (5-7) -- Did anyone see the "Fire Al Groh" sign on College Gameday this weekend? Cavaliers are everywhere, and they're not happy.
12. Duke (4-8) -- Maybe next year.