ACC's lunchtime links: Media days edition
July, 26, 2010
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Here's a smattering of what everyone is writing about from the ACC football kickoff:
- There are other things besides Ralph Friedgen's hot seat being discussed in College Park.
- Andrew Carter of the Orlando Sentinel is giving Boston College a lot of credit. Not that the Eagles don't deserve it.
- Is this the year the ACC rises to national relevance?
- Miami defensive end Allen Bailey is a big dude -- "like the friggin' Jolly Green Giant," if you ask Christian Ponder.
- UNC's recruits aren't too concerned about possible NCAA sanctions.
- As of right now, the Tar Heels are trying to stay focused.
- When it comes to defending their ACC title, Georgia Tech means business.
- Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor has some lofty goals for this fall.
- Here are five storylines from Sunday's interviews.
- The Hokies and Hoos talked about their upcoming seasons.
- ACC commissioner John Swofford said BC has been "a great fit" with the conference.
- BC linebacker Mark Herzlich is ready to defend his 2008 Defensive Player of the Year title.
- If NC State is going to contend for anything, the Pack must stay healthy.