ACC's lunchtime links
August, 10, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Pssst ... there's a chat going on!
- Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin is looking for a "no-gut offense, no bellies." Whatever happened to no guts, no glory? Never before has coach Ralph Friedgen opened a season facing so much pressure.
- Can somebody cut Mark Herzlich a break? His miraculous comeback has been delayed.
- BC's Ifeanyi Momah is a wide receiver who will see some time on defense this fall because of his ability to rush the passer.
- The NCAA investigation has turned its focus to UNC assistant John Blake.
- Duke running back Desmond Scott isn't used to being last at anything, and he's determined to change that about the Blue Devils' running game this fall.
- BC running back Montel Harris is aiming to become the best rusher in school history.
- As someone who has suffered from migraines, it's a wee bit worse than "a headache." And I'm guessing it would take something a little worse to keep Georgia Tech defensive end Jason Peters out of practice. Migraine? Concussion? Doesn't matter. He'll be back.
- Miami had some fun banging heads on Monday. Running back Storm Johnson says he has no plans on redshirting. He wants to be the starter.
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher defended Mickey Andrews.
- There's another Taylor on Virginia Tech's roster who plans on making some noise this fall.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc