ACC's lunchtime links
August, 10, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Pssst ... there's a chat going on!
- Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin is looking for a "no-gut offense, no bellies." Whatever happened to no guts, no glory? Never before has coach Ralph Friedgen opened a season facing so much pressure.
- Can somebody cut Mark Herzlich a break? His miraculous comeback has been delayed.
- BC's Ifeanyi Momah is a wide receiver who will see some time on defense this fall because of his ability to rush the passer.
- The NCAA investigation has turned its focus to UNC assistant John Blake.
- Duke running back Desmond Scott isn't used to being last at anything, and he's determined to change that about the Blue Devils' running game this fall.
- BC running back Montel Harris is aiming to become the best rusher in school history.
- As someone who has suffered from migraines, it's a wee bit worse than "a headache." And I'm guessing it would take something a little worse to keep Georgia Tech defensive end Jason Peters out of practice. Migraine? Concussion? Doesn't matter. He'll be back.
- Miami had some fun banging heads on Monday. Running back Storm Johnson says he has no plans on redshirting. He wants to be the starter.
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher defended Mickey Andrews.
- There's another Taylor on Virginia Tech's roster who plans on making some noise this fall.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23