ACC's lunchtime links
December, 31, 2008
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Here's a look at what's going on around the league, beginning with today's bowl games:
- Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski insists the players have put their disappointment behind them after coming up short in the ACC title game, and the Eagles seem ready to end the season on the right note. If they do, it will be the program's ninth straight bowl win.
- With all of the hoopla surrounding Georgia Tech's win over rival Georgia, the Yellow Jackets' subpar performance on defense got lost in the excitement. They're hoping for a better effort against LSU.
- And here is the whole messy Robert Marve situation wrapped into one neat and tidy story. I spoke with Robert's father, Eugene Marve, again, and this isn't the end of this story.
- Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor isn't quite old enough to enjoy South Beach, but the Hokies have watched him mature before their eyes in the second half of the season.
- Clemson nose guard Dorell Scott doesn't like to leave a job unfinished, and he's got a few more things to do before he ends his career. Sure, there's the bowl game, but graduating is also at the top of his list.