ACC's lunchtime links
September, 2, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
It's game day in the ACC! Hey, look at it this way, Tar Heels, at least you've still got your mascot!
- It's Marvin Austin who won't be making the trip to Atlanta.
- Expectations have risen for Miami, and they start with quarterback Jacory Harris.
- Virginia Tech's national title hopes have a lot to do with the Hokies' talented one-two punch.
- NC State fans can expect to see backup quarterback Mike Glennon this weekend.
- Wake Forest linebacker Matt Woodlief had some very talented players in front of him to learn from.
- Georgia Tech's three defensive linemen will be undersized compared to South Carolina State's offensive front.
- The Winston-Salem Journal breaks down the Atlantic and Coastal Divisions for you.
- The one thing Tom O'Brien needs this fall? Wins.
- Wake Forest isn't too far off from when it won the ACC -- the difference was they were able to make the plays that counted in the fouth quarter.
- Possibly no position better illustrated FSU's defensive decline than defensive end. The Noles are looking to change that now.
- The thunder and lightning combo is back at Clemson.
- Is Kevin Pierre-Louis this year's Luke Kuechly at BC?
- The Hokies will need to be fundamentally sound in their tackling against Boise State.
- There will be a change in game-day operations at Virginia. The quarterbacks can now see who they're talking to.
- Here's a quick trip around the ACC for you.
- Shirley "Red" Wilson has an interesting perspective on the Duke-Elon game since he coached at both schools.
- Duke cornerback Johnny Williams has no problem getting out for the race, it's finishing fast he's still working on.
- There's much more to the Maryland-Navy rivalry than just a former Terp flipping the bird (twice).