ACC's lunchtime links
September, 6, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Happy Labor Day! Terps and Hokies take center stage ...
- Maryland's 2-10 record is part of the team's identity as it heads into its opener against Navy, but a win would help change that.
- It's only the first game, but there's already a lot on the line for Virginia Tech.
- Maryland and Navy have played just once over the past 44 years, despite being just 30 miles apart. Might this be the start of a real rivalry?
- Here are a few bonus observations from Virginia's win against Richmond.
- Three things to watch in tonight's game at FedEx Field.
- Virginia Tech has lost at least once in September in each of the past four seasons. Can the Hokies stop that trend?
- Clemson's defense? Pretty offensive, if you ask Dabo Swinney.
- BC quarterback Dave Shinskie is still the Eagles' starter heading into Kent State, but coach Frank Spaziani wants -- and needs -- to see more improvement.
- UNC tight end Zack Pianalto deserves some high praise for the way he handled his disappointing end to the LSU game.
- Check out the picture: UNC defensive tackle Marvin Austin is sticking out like a sore thumb these days -- almost as if he's trying to. Austin won't be practicing.
- Was former UNC assistant John Blake receiving money from agents? Apparently, it's a complicated question to answer.
- Miami running back Graig Cooper made good on his promise to return by the season opener.
- FSU's impending trip to Oklahoma will tell us a lot more about where the Noles stand under Jimbo Fisher.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc