ACC's lunchtime links
September, 8, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Big weekend coming up for the ACC ...
- Former North Carolina assistant John Blake and NFL agent Gary Wichard talked an awful lot, according to their phone records. UNC coach Butch Davis said despite the resignation of his top assistant, he's not going anywhere. UNC can no longer fall back on a clean reputation.
- Georgia Tech receiver Stephen Hill has more than just one gear. Can he be the Jackets' next first-round draft pick?
- It would be a shame for Maryland's talent at wide receiver to go unused enough this fall.
- Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker has been given more freedom to make some calls, and it paid off against North Texas.
- Virginia coach Mike London is looking for better performances on special teams.
- The competition will get a lot tougher for Duke this weekend when it opens play against Wake Forest. The Blue Devils are 1-9 in their past 10 openers against ACC opponents.
- Miami running back Graig Cooper is likely out for the Ohio State game with an injury. They'll get their defensive tackles back, though. Miami's game plan for the Buckeyes? Don't let them run.
- Florida State cornerback Mike Harris issued a statement on the death of his mother.
- FSU's run defense will get a big test against DeMarco Murray.
- Frank Beamer wants an exhibition game. Maybe he should start scheduling one.