ACC's lunchtime links
September, 20, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Here's what's going on in the world of ACC football today ...
- Georgia Tech showed some better effort against North Carolina, but there were still enough mistakes for "CPJ" to chew on.
- Maryland's depth at quarterback was once a strength. Was.
- Clemson saw some positives in its loss to Auburn it can build on.
- One person who hasn't lost any respect for Virginia Tech is BC coach Frank Spaziani.
- If Miami's Vaughn Telemaque is going to be the next Ed Reed, who better to get advice from than, well, Ed Reed?
- Many of you have already heard that Miami quarterback Jacory Harris was the target of at least one racially motivated hate message on Twitter.
- It took 10 quarters for the Virginia Tech defense to show up.
- FSU quarterback Christian Ponder is a little stubborn, but can you blame him? His time is now.
- There's no time for Wake Forest to catch its breath: "We're in the fire now," said coach Jim Grobe.
- Hey, at least NC State carried the ACC banner against the Big East -- until Maryland dropped it, anyway.
Final Syracuse 30 Wake Forest 7 Final Virginia 13 Duke 20 Final 24 Clemson 17 Boston College 13 Final North Carolina State 18 Louisville 30 Final Georgia Tech 43 North Carolina 48 Final 5 Notre Dame 27 2 Florida State 31