ACC's lunchtime links
October, 13, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Did you know that since Paul Johnson took over at Georgia Tech in 2008, no ACC team has won more games? Conference and overall?
- B-back Anthony Allen tried to be modest about his record-setting history with Middle Tennessee, but Roddy Jones called him out on it.
- Greg Nosal -- and his pinky finger -- have written themselves into Virginia Tech lore.
- Duke is feeling good after its bye week, but a tough stretch lies ahead. There has been some mental and physical healing needed in Durham.
- Nine straight road trips without a win. Can the Terps really turn that around in Death Valley? Maryland will get some help from the return of tight end Devonte Campbell, who spent so much time recovering on an exercise bike he named it.
- Virginia's defense has been plagued by missed assignments -- not missed tackles.
- Three blocked punts this season have given NC State confidence and more blocked punts than the program has seen since 2005.
- Opposing defenses are keen to the fact that Clemson doesn't have any downfield receiving threats.
- Kicking defensive tackle Marvin Austin off the team was a necessary move.
- Forget throwing up the U. Reading this take from former Canes should make Miami fans want to throw up.
- Hey Mister! What a name. But it keeps Mister Alexander MR -- Mentally Ready.