ACC's lunchtime links: Weekend rewind
March, 30, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
There were plenty of scrimmages this weekend, so around the ACC we go ...
- It's possible Georgia Tech's next recruiting class will come entirely from the state of Georgia. There were all kinds of things going on in Atlanta this weekend, from a scrimmage to the training of a 440-pound actor.
"I've never worked with somebody this big," Eric Ciano, Georgia Tech's strength-and-conditioning coach told the AJC. "I've never seen somebody this big."
- It might be impossible to replace former UNC receiver Hakeem Nicks, but 12 players tried in UNC's spring game on Saturday.
- Clemson's offense stole the show in the first scrimmage on Saturday. That didn't bode well for the Tigers' defense.
- Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple is getting creative -- "way more creative" than last year, according to safety Randy Phillips.
- Florida State receiver Richard Goodman is finally back to full speed.
- Maryland offensive lineman Phil Costa could help fill the void left at center by Edwin Williams.