Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
There are some things you just can't predict. Here are a few unexpected moments and story lines -- in order of biggest surprise to the least -- that happened this spring in the ACC:
1. Duke guard Greg Paulus is offered a tryout at receiver by Duke coach David Cutcliffe. Paulus turns it down to play quarterback at another FBS school. Huh?
2. FSU president T.K. Wetherell calls Samford some "dips---" school. Who woulda thunkit?
3. UNC quarterback T.J. Yates gets injured again, especially by a Frisbee at the team picnic. What are the odds?
4. Ralph Friedgen loses almost 80 pounds.
5. Georgia Tech temporarily adds 350+ pound actor Quenton Aaron to its roster this spring.
6. Bryce Brown to Tennessee in mid-March, Robert Marve likely to Purdue in the near future.
8. Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker dominates the spring game and then a baseball game against Miami.
9. Another FSU receiver gets suspended. Considering the trend, not much of a surprise.
10. Personally ... Hitching a golf cart ride to a rainy Tar Heels' practice with Butch Davis, spending my 30th birthday with the Wake Forest staff, and working out at 5:30 a.m. with Billy Napier and his wife at the Clemson Gold's Gym. (It was the only time to talk to her in person about Clemson's new OC).