ACC's lunchtime links
December, 13, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary." -- George Bailey. (Hey, I can be classic, too.)
- Miami fans, meet Al Golden.
- It's just not clear if Golden is the right fit yet. Agreed.
- Miami AD Kirby Hocutt answered a few questions about the hire.
- Truth is, a hire like this shows just how far Miami has fallen.
- Look at it this way: Golden has more head-coaching experience than Florida's Will Muschamp. Some consider that to be a risky hire.
- That means Golden is off Pitt's list. But fear not, Hokies, according to that report Bud Foster isn't on it, either.
- Golden has developed NFL talent. He should have plenty of that to work with at Miami. Should.
- In other news, Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen said the bowl process "disrespected" his school.
- NC State coach Tom O'Brien didn't sound optimistic about his quarterback returning for his senior season.
- Sorry, FSU fans, but Jimbo Fisher actually likes Steve Spurrier.
- Clemson needs its bowl practices to start developing younger players.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc