ACC's lunchtime links
December, 13, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary." -- George Bailey. (Hey, I can be classic, too.)
- Miami fans, meet Al Golden.
- It's just not clear if Golden is the right fit yet. Agreed.
- Miami AD Kirby Hocutt answered a few questions about the hire.
- Truth is, a hire like this shows just how far Miami has fallen.
- Look at it this way: Golden has more head-coaching experience than Florida's Will Muschamp. Some consider that to be a risky hire.
- That means Golden is off Pitt's list. But fear not, Hokies, according to that report Bud Foster isn't on it, either.
- Golden has developed NFL talent. He should have plenty of that to work with at Miami. Should.
- In other news, Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen said the bowl process "disrespected" his school.
- NC State coach Tom O'Brien didn't sound optimistic about his quarterback returning for his senior season.
- Sorry, FSU fans, but Jimbo Fisher actually likes Steve Spurrier.
- Clemson needs its bowl practices to start developing younger players.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23