ACC's lunchtime links
February, 15, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
The schedule wasn't the only news out of the ACC on Monday ...
- For the second time in one week, FSU running back Jermaine Thomas was arrested.
- Boston College scored big on its offensive coordinator hire, as Kevin Rogers has a reputation for developing quarterbacks. Just ask Donovan McNabb.
- Frank Spaziani hired experience. Might have been the best coordinator hire of the offseason in the ACC. We'll see. Not done yet.
- Virginia's staff also had a few shuffles.
- Virginia Tech's recruiting also got a big boost with the addition of Shane Beamer to the staff.
- Did you know Billy Hite was the longest-tenured assistant coach in the country?
- Miami versus Maryland: Get ready for it.
- What a great twist in the storyline if Miami was facing its former coach, Randy Shannon, who could become the Terps' new defensive coordinator.
- Clemson is in for a tough September.
- Doug Roberson has a few notes on each of Georgia Tech's 2011 opponents.
- Gotta love Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech on Thursday nights.
- Kyle Tucker is already predicting a 10-2 season for the Hokies. With that schedule? It's a safe assumption.
- Some big-name opponents are scheduled to face the ACC.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23