ACC lunchtime links
February, 25, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Greetings from Big Ten country. Let's see what's happening around the ACC.
- Kirby Hocutt should remain Miami's athletic director if he wants to stay relevant, Mike Berardino writes in the Sun Sentinel. More on Hocutt's situation with Texas Tech from the Miami Herald's Susan Miller Degnan. Canes coach Al Golden is a man with a plan, CBSSports.com's Bryan Fischer writes.
- New Virginia Tech playcaller Mike O'Cain won't let his ego get in the way, Mark Gianotto writes in the Washington Post.
- Maryland's Randy Edsall makes his recruiting pitch, Dan Steinberg writes in the Washington Post.
- Former Clemson offensive lineman Lee Brice becomes a country music star, colleague Lynn Hoppes writes.
- North Carolina quarterback T.J. Yates meets the media at the NFL combine, D. Orlando Ledbetter writes in The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Yates is just part of the Tar Heels' huge presence at the combine.
- Kristi Dosh examines ACC football revenue at Forbes.com.
- Duke receiver Donovan Varner has elevated his strength level for spring ball.
- Jim Grobe and Butch Davis are among the coaches who need good spring practice sessions.
- Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo is living the dream at the combine, Ron Borges writes in the Boston Herald.