ACC's lunchtime links
July, 24, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Media days begin on Sunday for the ACC, and Bobby Bowden is sure to get plenty of questions regarding his future at FSU. One thing is for sure -- the university has no plans of paying Jimbo Fisher $5 million.
- Boise State sent out a press release making its 2010 matchup against Virginia Tech official. And the Broncos will get $1.25 million to play the Hokies. Heck, I'd line up against Bud Foster's D for that. You know how tough the Hokies' schedule is this year? Well, it's the exact opposite next season, but adding Boise State will give it a boost.
- NC State's Nate Irving is out indefinitely, and that's no big surprise considering the severity of his car accident. Whether or not he comes back is entirely in the hands of his doctors.
- Mark Bradley tackles the most pressing questions facing Georgia Tech this fall and makes a favorable prediction for the Jackets' record.
- There's a common thread to Maryland's "good but not great" theme under coach Ralph Friedgen and it starts up front, on the defensive line.
- Virginia athletic director Craig Littlepage is one of many athletic directors feeling the effects of the economy.
- Miami's ground game is in need of some life. Can "Coop and J.J." be the answers? Miami coach Randy Shannon is certainly ready for a 1,000-yard rusher.
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final Delaware 0 Pittsburgh 62 Final Wofford 19 Georgia Tech 38 Final Georgia Southern 23 North Carolina State 24 Final Boston College 30 Massachusetts 7 Final William & Mary 9 Virginia Tech 34 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Elon 13 Duke 52 Final Liberty 29 23 North Carolina 56 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31