ACC's lunchtime links
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
TGIF, ACC fans. It's only a half weekend for me, though, as I'll be traveling to Virginia on Sunday for the Cavaliers' media day. It appears like there's some optimism growing in Charlottesville. Until then, here's what's going on in the rest of the league:
- Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor is a different player this year, and that's a good thing for the Hokies' offense.
- With a new helmet and a chin strap, Georgia Tech backup quarterback Jaybo Shaw returned to practice on Thursday after missing time with a concussion.
- Miami's secondary is eager to prove it's better than last year, when the Canes recorded a school-record low four interceptions.
- NC State coach Tom O'Brien doesn't reveal his scrimmage statistics, but Twitter does. Go figure.
- NC State linebacker Nate Irving doesn't remember anything from the crash that prematurely ended his 2009 season.
- Can the ACC get its swagger back? Here's a breakdown of the ACC in predicted order of finish.
- While the ACC and its fans have endured too many offseason stories about players getting hurt this summer, here's an inspiring comeback story about Boston College receiver Clarence Megwa.
- Clemson is still looking for receivers to help out Jacoby Ford, and coach Dabo Swinney said it just might be an effort by committee. (It will also help to get Ford back to practice.)
- Florida State's offensive line has bought into Rick Trickett's militant style, and it's paid off.
1:34 4th Qtr Miami (FL) 24 24 Nebraska 41 9:02 4th Qtr 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 10 Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42