ACC's lunchtime links
August, 20, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Around the league we go ...
- Georgia Tech cornerback Mario Butler takes pride in his toughness, and the coaches have noticed.
- Maryland's boosters have ponied-up the cash so the Terps don't have to take the bus.
- At BC, it's no surprise the defense is still ahead of the offense. Fumbles, sacks, drops, you name it. For some, it looks like question marks. For others, it's simply an opportunity.
- Clemson first-year defensive coordinator Kevin Steele has been around the block at a few programs, but the Tigers' defensive line is one of the deepest he's ever seen.
- Miami's defensive ends took another step back with the news that Eric Moncur went to Philly to be examined for pain near his groin. The good news, though, is that Graig Cooper is out of his boot, and Manny Navarro has an interesting update on the infamous Bryce Brown.
- Al Groh hasn't ruled out the possibility of getting Vic Hall and Jameel Sewell on the field together at the same time this fall, but he's not exactly talking about it, either.
- Virginia Tech's Ryan Williams is getting more reps now that Josh Oglesby and Darren Evans are hurt.
- Wake Forest tight end Ben Wooster would like be a little more involved in the passing game, and he's not afraid to try a little osmosis on his roommate to help his cause.
- FSU's defensive line was a little bit undersized last year, but they've added some bulk.
- One of the big questions facing Duke is how the Blue Devils will replace star receiver Eron Riley, but as a group, they could have it covered.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc