ACC's lunchtime links
July, 25, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Not ALL of the news is coming from Pinehurst, N.C., today:
- Virginia added another recruit to its 2012 class, a cornerback from Georgia.
- Montel Harris is hearing a lot more about Ted Brown these days.
- Breaking the 33-year-old ACC record would be nice, but Harris is more focused on team goals.
- BC linebacker Luke Kuechly has turned into a manster.
- More notes from the ACC's first day of interviews.
- ACC commish John Swofford said some things got "a little out of whack" at Georgia Tech when dealing with the NCAA.
- Maryland coach Randy Edsall is not a name-on-the-back kind of guy.
- Maryland linebacker Kenny Tate isn't a fan of linemen. It's a space issue. But he's getting over it.
- Tate didn't give much consideration to turning pro after last season.
- NC State is putting the Russell Wilson saga behind it.
- Miami will finish 8-4 and second in the Coastal? So says one blogger.
- Inexperience at quarterback could level the playing field in the ACC this year.
- UNC's offensive line has come a long way.
- One of the ACC's brightest stars would rather stay in the dark.
- Virginia receiver Kris Burd says the sky is the limit now that he's healthy.
- The Hokies are done with the number 50.
- Wake Forest offensive lineman Joe Looney, once a Florida State fan, is ready to help the Deacs get back to relevance in the Atlantic Division.
- Virginia Tech receiver Danny Coale is still ... punting?
- Who's the toughest running back to tackle in the ACC?
- Can the ACC return to elite status?
- Duke quarterback Sean Renfree has made major strides in one year.
Final Syracuse 30 Wake Forest 7 Final Virginia 13 Duke 20 Final 24 Clemson 17 Boston College 13 Final North Carolina State 18 Louisville 30 Final Georgia Tech 43 North Carolina 48 Final 5 Notre Dame 27 2 Florida State 31