ACC's lunchtime links
August, 15, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Expansion? What expansion?
- Clemson has had no contact with the SEC.
- Florida State, meanwhile, is talking about beating the SEC, not joining it.
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said "there's no offer on the table."
- It doesn't sound like Virginia Tech is going anywhere, either.
- Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris wasn't happy after the first scrimmage and said a few veteran guys aren't cutting it.
- Virginia Tech second-string defensive tackle Kwamaine Battle suffered a season-ending knee injury in Saturday's scrimmage.
- The Hokies' kicking competition is getting a little bit clearer.
- Former UNC defensive tackle Marvin Austin said he has no regrets about his time in Chapel Hill.
- Good news out of Coral Gables: The quarterbacks played well in their first scrimmage.
- No more Leonard Hankerson? No problem.
- Virginia Tech's defensive line is an area of concern, and assistant coach Charley Wiles gave a rundown of where it stands after the first scrimmage.
- If NC State is going to build upon last year's success, it must answer these five important questions.
- There is hope for Georgia Tech's passing game.
- Don't be surprised to see Maryland backup quarterback C.J. Brown on the field a few times this fall.
- BC's offense is showing signs of improvement.
- The Eagles' battle for strongside linebacker job might be the best competition of camp.
- Maryland's tight ends will have a different look this fall.