BC scrimmage highlights
August, 24, 2011
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Here's a quick recap of Boston College's fourth and final preseason scrimmage, according to the team's practice report:
- Quarterback Chase Rettig completed 20-of-28 attempts for 176 yards, but threw four picks.
- Receiver Colin Larmond, Jr. led the team with 10 receptions for 89 yards.
- Sophomore Alex Amidon caught three passes for 29 yards.
- Junior running back Mike Javorski had 10 carries for 32 yards. Sophomore Rolandan Finch carried the ball seven times for 26 yards while Kimble registered four attempts for 22 yards.
- Junior Hampton Hughes, who switched from wide receiver to defensive back just five days prior to the scrimmage, had two pass breakups and one interception.
- Freshman DB Manny Asprilla led all defensive players with five tackles and one pass breakup -- a long pass attempt that Asprilla deflected into redshirt freshman Sean Sylvia’s hands for an interception. Redshirt freshman Dominique Williams and sophomore Jim Noel also recorded interceptions.
- LBs Kevin Pierre-Louis and Steele Devitto each registered one sack.
- Sophomore PK Nate Freese hit a 41-yard field goal attempt to end the scrimmage.
- Senior Ryan Quigley punted four times, averaging 40 yards per punt, while his lone field-goal attempt -- of 42 yards -- missed.