ACC's lunchtime links
September, 3, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Ahem. Excuse me. I'm heading to Raleigh, so let's start there ...
- The difference tonight will be Russell Wilson, and Caulton Tudor predicts a 28-24 Wolfpack win. With one small gesture last year against South Carolina, Wilson proved he could be a positive influence for the team. This time, the Gamecocks should see a much different quarterback.
- Maryland's success weighs in large part -- literally -- on massive offensive tackle Bruce Campbell.
- Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy will be making his first start against the Hokies, but he's been in this position before. In high school, McElroy was the successor to Chase Daniel. You may have heard of him.
- FSU coordinator Jimbo Fisher has some history with first-year Miami defensive coordinator John Lovett, but the unknown of going against two new coordinators in Week 1 forced the Noles' staff to do their homework.
- Virginia walk-on Matt Snyder's hard work has paid off, and his Rudy-esque story will take center stage on Saturday when he cracks the starting lineup for the first time.
- Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers has made the challenge of increasing last year's sack total a family matter.
- BC's linebacking corps took another hit this week when projected starter Alexander DiSanzo injured his shoulder. He's doubtful for Saturday.
- Miami quarterback Jacory Harris is now the unquestioned leader of the Canes, and he has big goals for the program.
Final/2OT Virginia Tech 3 Wake Forest 6 Final Syracuse 7 Pittsburgh 30 Final 24 Louisville 31 Notre Dame 28 Final Boston College 17 3 Florida State 20 Final Georgia State 0 22 Clemson 28 Final Miami (FL) 13 Virginia 30