ACC's lunchtime links
September, 14, 2011
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Saturday can't get here soon enough!
- Maryland tight end Matt Furstenburg knew this spring he would be a bigger part of the Terps' offense, and his performance against Miami could signal a greater use of the position under coordinator Gary Crowton.
- The good news for Duke and BC this weekend? Somebody's gotta win.
- Boston College seems like it has been in a constant state of change. And that's not good.
- Wake Forest receiver Michael Campanaro has been listed as doubtful for Saturday's game against Gardner-Webb.
- Florida State says it's ready for the Landry Jones-Ryan Broyles combo.
- UNC interim coach Everett Withers has reached out to university faculty to stress the importance of academics to the program.
- The questions surrounding Tevin Washington's hold on the starting job have started to disappear.
- Expect to see Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd running more as the season progresses.
- Why was Virginia Tech's defense so efficient on Saturday? Well, Bud Foster knew what was coming.
- Virginia's defense is better this year, no doubt, but the first true measure of how much better comes Saturday against UNC.
- As long as Virginia Tech running back Josh Oglesby gets a chance to shine this year, he'll take the opportunity and run with it.
- Miami offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson is on track to return from a back injury this season.
- Florida State is forming a committee to discuss realignment options.
- Duke kicker Will Snyderwine could miss the BC game with an ankle injury.
- Couldn't agree more with David Teel. You cannot dismiss the importance of academics to the ACC when talking conference realignment. You must understand the ACC to realize that.
- It's time for Jacory Harris to show us what Al Golden has seen this offseason -- improvement.