ACC's lunchtime links
September, 22, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
It's game day in the ACC!
- Virginia is ready to start showing its big-play potential.
- Good news for the Canes ... Seantrel Henderson is back at practice.
- Florida State is confident in backup quarterback Clint Trickett if he's needed against Clemson.
- NC State's defense isn't just lacking star power -- it's lacking confidence.
- The Wolfpack has yet to get into a rhythm this season.
- UNC safety Matt Merletti earned Virginia's game ball last weekend.
- Taking care of possessions will be critical for both Georgia Tech and UNC on Saturday.
- A short memory helped Maryland cornerback Cameron Chism against West Virginia last weekend and throughout his career.
- Wake Forest receiver Danny Dembry said this is his last season to prove he can play at this level.
- Is further ACC expansion now less likely? David Teel seems to think so.
- Virginia Tech's defense won't be surprised if more teams continue to stack the box and dare Logan Thomas to throw.
- Maryland linebacker Kenny Tate has been "average" the first two games.
- BC is still looking for that elusive first win.
- Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele certainly can't be faulted for his preparation.
- Duke wants to build on quarterback Sean Renfree's success of taking shots downfield.