Virginia halftime notes
September, 5, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
A few quick halftime notes for you from Charlottesville:
- Four Cavaliers made their first career starts: ILB Steve Greer, WR Kris Burd, OT, Landon Bradley and WR Javaris Brown.
- Quarterback Jameel Sewell's second-quarter rushing touchdown was his first scoring run since he rushed for a pair of scores against Virginia Tech during the 2007 season.
- UVa nose tackle Nick Jenkins blocked the second field goal attempt of his career when he deflected Brian Pate's second-quarter attempt. Jenkins' other block came last season against Richmond. (You know, the team that's beating Duke.)
- When Vic Hall completed a pass on the Cavaliers' opening drive, it marked his first completion since the 2007 game vs. UConn when he tossed a 35-yard pass to Chris Gorham.
- Hall's first-quarter touchdown run marked the second time in his last two games he has recorded scoring dashes of more than 30 yards. He darted for a 40-yard TD vs. Virginia Tech in the finale last year. He also had a 16-yard TD run against the Hokies.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23