ACC's lunchtime links
September, 10, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
The ACC kicks it off tonight with Clemson and Georgia Tech, but we already covered that. Here's what's going on in the rest of the league:
- Here's a detailed look at the current status of the ACC and the NFL.
- If there's one player on Virginia's roster worth keeping an eye on right now, it's rookie linebacker Steve Greer. He earned the team's defensive player of the week. As for the offensive player of the week? Well, there wasn't one.
- Virginia Tech linebacker Jake Johnson fared well enough in his first collegiate start to be named the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game's defensive MVP.
- Wake Forest linebacker Matt Woodliff is proving himself, too, despite the fact he's a bit undersized.
- Unlike Clemson, Miami will have 10 days to prepare for Georgia Tech, and yes, coach Randy Shannon said, it is a big benefit.
- FSU, on the other hand, had just four days to get ready for Jacksonville State's 3-4 defense.
- Duke nose guard Kinney Rucker has "defied all odds" in his comeback from a toe injury.
- Boston College had high hopes for its offensive line this fall, but those within the program say it will need a better effort than the one the Eagles got in the season opener.
- NC State backup quarterback Mike Glennon is likely to see some more game action this weekend against Murray State.
- Several reporters from North and South Carolina papers compiled a ranking of SEC and ACC teams -- together.
- Maryland's Tony Logan has been limited the past two days, so look for more of Kenny Tate in the Terps' return game on Saturday.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc