ACC's lunchtime links
September, 18, 2009
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
It's Friday. Miami looked very good. Now let's see how the Hokies perform ...
- Virginia Tech is preparing for Nebraska's defensive front, which returns three starters.
- Miami's intent was to go after Jonathan Dwyer and they did, knocking him out of the game early with a shoulder injury. Dwyer said he should be fine for the game against UNC.
- Maryland is still trying to sell its new suites in the upgraded Tyser Tower, but wine, wins and the wavering economy are making it difficult.
- Boston College's defense will get its first real test on Saturday, but they'll have to do it without starter Damik Scafe. That doesn't change the fact the Eagles will have to contend with the Tigers' speed.
- And the swine flu continues to make its way down Tobacco Road, now infecting NC State.
- Virginia quarterback Jameel Seweel doesn't have to look over his shoulder anymore, but that security comes at the expense of injured teammate Vic Hall.
- Wake Forest didn't quit on wide receiver Chris Givens, despite two torn ACLs in high school, and Givens is repaying them now.
- Clemson receiver Xavier Dye is ready to "go out and work harder and compete." Not transfer.
- What's wrong with FSU's running game? Not even Caz Piurowski has the answer.