ACC's lunchtime links
September, 24, 2009
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
No Thursday night game for the ACC this week. What's a girl to do? Lunchtime links, that's what.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe has suspended safety Junior Petit-Jean for the rest of the season for a violation of team rules. Even at role model Wake Forest "kids just do dumb stuff."
- Maryland safety Jamari McCullough's return from a high left ankle sprain will give the Terps' defense a much-needed boost.
- Clemson's special teams have had several special moments so far this year, and the Tigers are looking to continue that trend.
- BC's quarterback on defense, Mike McLaughlin, should be back and ready to go -- finally -- this Saturday against Wake Forest. It will be a huge lift for the entire team, as this Big Mac is hungrier than ever.
- Here's the weekly ACC-SEC ranking as voted on by writers from papers in the Carolinas.
- It's time for Duke fans to see what running back Desmond Scott can do. Don't count out N.C. Central, though. Those guys are coming to play.
- The ACC hasn't backed down from playing big games early, and this weekend is no exception.
- Miami's offense is getting all the attention, but, as Jacory Harris pointed out, it's clicking because of the defense.
- Former BC coach Jeff Jagodzinski had to have seen this coming, and he left just in time.
- Here's an instant rewind of the last four times a ranked Miami team visited Virginia Tech.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson has been defending his offense lately, but he says that's the least of his concerns right now.
- FSU running back Ty Jones has been more diligent about improving his running game, but also about taking care of his diabetes.