ACC's lunchtime links
October, 8, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Heading to Blacksburg tomorrow. Can't wait.
- There are three coaches in the ACC who are feeling the heat right now, and considering Bobby Bowden is one of them, nobody is immune.
- It's taken some patience, but Maryland's defense has made progress in recent weeks under first-year coordinator Don Brown.
- Virginia Tech's offense, the missing link the past few seasons, appears to have figured things out this year. They're reaching marks they haven't met since 2005.
- Clemson running back C.J. Spiller has been the one constant for the Tigers' offense -- and he's not done yet.
- FSU's defense is hurting. No, really.
- Meanwhile, Miami's secondary is getting better. After all, they're going against some of the top receivers every day.
- Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer and Bowden have gone in different directions over the past decade.
- NC State safety Bobby Floyd is one of the most productive former walk-ons in the ACC.
- UNC offensive lineman Greg Elleby has made the move from defensive end, and even he can't believe he'd be playing so much so early.
- Boston College got a little extra inspiration this season from one of my colleagues.
- Georgia Tech safety Cooper Taylor has had some heart problems that have kept him sidelined for the past three weeks, but he still expects to play this season.