ACC pro days wrap
March, 27, 2013
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Every school in the ACC has now completed its pro day. You can look back on what happened at Clemson, Miami Pitt and Syracuse. Andrea Adelson had the wrap on the other eight schools. Duke and North Carolina were the last to finish, as they both held their pro days this week. Here are their highlights:
- A total of seven former players worked out for 21 NFL teams on Monday.
- Former quarterback Sean Renfree did not participate while continuing to recover from a torn right pectoralis major muscle he suffered in Duke’s Belk Bowl loss to Cincinnati.
- Even though he didn't participate, Renfree was still making headlines.
- It was a good day for former receiver Conner Vernon.
- It was also an opportunity for Desmond Scott to showcase his abilities.
- 18 players auditioned in front of more than 40 NFL scouts.
- Giovani Bernard, Travis Bond, Jonathan Cooper, Kevin Reddick and Sylvester Williams all did the runs and jumps at the combine in February. They all performed well at the combine, so their pro day focus was on position drills. Brennan Williams also attended the combine, but he was injured and could not test there, so he did most everything on Tuesday at UNC.
- WRAL had a good wrap-up of the day.
- Curtis Byrd had the most reps of 225 pounds with 28.
- Receiver Jheranie Boyd had the fastest 40 time at 4.46, the highest broad jump (11), and the highest vertical jump (41.5).
- According to NFL.com, Jonathan Cooper exceeded all expectations.
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final Delaware 0 Pittsburgh 62 Final Wofford 19 Georgia Tech 38 Final Georgia Southern 23 North Carolina State 24 Final Boston College 30 Massachusetts 7 Final William & Mary 9 Virginia Tech 34 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Elon 13 Duke 52 Final Liberty 29 23 North Carolina 56 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31