ACC's lunchtime links
November, 13, 2009
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
It's Friday the 13th ...
- There's something special about Virginia Tech running back Ryan Williams, and it starts with how much he loves the game. One of his worst moments on the field has since brought out the best in him.
- Maryland quarterback Chris Turner's status has been downgraded to doubtful. Coach Ralph Friedgen will play whomever he needs to, though, to win. And that includes burning the redshirt of Danny O'Brien with just three games remaining.
- In the classroom and on the field, 25-year-old BC quarterback Dave Shinskie still feels like a freshman. That's because he is.
- Here's a notion Clemson fans might not want to think about just yet: 19 more days in the regular season with C.J. Spiller. Not that Dabo Swinney is counting (he is).
- Don't laugh, Georgia Tech fans. Derrick Morgan could be next.
- Former Florida State quarterback Marcus Outzen can empathize with E.J. Manuel. They took almost the same path to the starting job.
- Miami needs Georgia Tech to lose on Saturday, but coach Randy Shannon is keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him.
- Duke's problems in the running game start up front, and it doesn't seem to matter which scheme the Blue Devils are using.
- Miami's revival has been overshadowed by the other storylines in the state of Florida this year.
- Florida State coach Bobby Bowden talked to the Orlando Sentinel's Andrew Carter about his postgame forgetfulness following the Clemson loss.