ACC's lunchtime links
November, 17, 2009
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
It's too quiet out there today ...
- NC State hasn't given up on its season yet, and points to opportunities to knock off Virginia Tech and North Carolina as remaining inspiration.
- That's one of the reasons UNC is trying not to get complacent with its bowl eligibility.
- If Clemson wins on Saturday against Virginia, Dabo Swinney's wallet wins -- huge. And believe it or not, that victory could pay off for at least one other coach in the ACC.
- C.J. Spiller is running out of opportunities to make his case for the Heisman Trophy. Me? I say what more could he possibly do?
- FSU is preparing as if it will be without injured offensive guard Rodney Hudson on Saturday against Maryland.
- For those of you who had been wondering about Kendric Burney's pitch/pass/fumble to Melvin Williams, the officials got it right.
- While a possible buyout hangs over the head of Virginia coach Al Groh, he is still rewarded by the weekly game preparations.
- Even though some ACC coaches are struggling this year, it's easy to forget they're human, too.
- NC State quarterback Russell Wilson isn't giving away many clues as to whether he'll pursue baseball after this season.
- Not that Miami quarterback Jacory Harris needed any more obstacles to overcome, but the soft cast on his throwing arm could keep him out of practice today.