ACC's lunchtime links
January, 31, 2014
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Enjoy Super Sunday, gang.
- Colleague Ryan McGee looks at why the ACC is poised to rise to an elite level .
- Scouts Inc. says Aaron Donald's and Morgan Moses' draft stocks are rising, while the ACC's quarterbacks' stocks are falling . The gang is also keeping a close eye on Russell Bodine.
- Sammy Watkins, Timmy Jernigan, Eric Ebron are the ACC players featured on the draft boards of both Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. (McShay's 32-man board -- as opposed to Kiper's 25-man board -- also includes Lamarcus Joyner, Donald and Moses.)
- As our guy Brett Edgerton reminds us, Thursday was the two-year anniversary of the greatest tweet ever, courtesy of Mark Herzlich.
- Our Kevin Van Valkenburg and Kate Fagan each pen good stories on Russell Wilson in advance of Super Sunday.
- Former Maryland head coach Ralph Friedgen will likely find himself facing his old team next year in the Big Ten, as he is expected to be named Rutgers' new offensive coordinator, our Brett McMurphy writes.
- AthlonSports' Braden Gall ranks the top 10 ACC defensive linemen of the BCS era.
- Warren Sapp is not exactly pleased with the coaching staff at Miami.
- The State looks at former Wolfpack players in this weekend's Super Bowl.
- Paul Chryst reflects on his year with Russell Wilson, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."
- The (Syracuse) Post-Standard's Nate Mink talks about the Orange's latest recruiting efforts.
- Virginia completed its staff by hiring former LSU head coach Mike Archer as a defensive assistant, making him the fourth Cavaliers assistant who has head-coaching experience, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
- Whit Babock is ready to take charge at Virginia Tech, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Cincinnati Elder tight end Devin Pike has flipped his commitment from Louisville to Wake Forest.