ACC's lunch links
March, 24, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
My NCAA picks were dreadful, but I think I'm still doing well in my Seinfeld bracket challenge. Go Soup Nazi!
- Jameis Winston did a little smack talking on Twitter about Clemson football before delivering the final blows to the Tigers on the baseball mound this weekend, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- With Winston off playing baseball, Sean Maguire got the first-team reps at quarterback for the Seminoles over the weekend, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Defense could be the key for Clemson this fall with seven starters returning.
- Virginia quarterback David Watford spent his spring break working out with QB guru George Whitfield, writes the Daily Progress.
- Pre-spring drills are designed to be a shock to the system for Virginia Tech’s players, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Miami QB Kevin Olsen is off to a strong start this spring, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- The Hurricanes’ defense is making strides this spring after ending last season on a sour note, writes the Miami Herald.
- Pitt’s Manasseh Garner is the favorite to win the starting wide receiver job, but coach Paul Chryst said he’ll see action all over the field, writes the Post-Gazette.
- From the Rumble Seat talks with Georgia Tech signee C.J. Leggett.
- Sports Illustrated talks with new Louisville defensive coordinator Todd Grantham about how he’s assembling the Cardinals’ defense.