ACC's lunchtime links
May, 12, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
RIP “Community.” Bummer. I think this sums up my feelings on its cancellation.
- As the off-field issues surrounding Jameis Winston mount, writes the USA Today, so, too, does the concern for the Heisman winner.
- With 18 players taken in the last two drafts, Florida State set a school record, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- At the spring meetings this week, the ACC’s leaders need to show they can adjust to a changing college football landscape, writes the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The long wait was stressful for former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd, but he’s happy to join the Jets, writes The State.
- Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu should be an excellent fit in San Diego, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- As From the Rumble Seat notes, Attaochu’s selection represented just the second player recruited by Paul Johnson to be selected in the NFL draft. Jemea Thomas and Brandon Watts added to that total in the later rounds.
- The Triangle provided its share of defensive backs in this year’s NFL draft, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Teddy Bridgewater is sticking with his No. 5 jersey in the NFL, writes the Courier-Journal.
- Virginia Tech is spending big on its new indoor practice facility, writes SI.com.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/acc