ACC's lunchtime links
November, 30, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A quick trip around the ACC today:
- Former Virginia coach Al Groh wasn't the only one who was fired this weekend. All but two assistants were told to leave, graduate assistants included. Maybe Groh just wasn't meant to be a college coach.
- Richmond coach Mike London addressed the speculation he could be next in line for Groh's job, but that's not his focus right now.
- Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen's future has yet to be determined, but there seems to be a feeling that it can't get much worse than the Terps' 2-10 season.
- Bobby Bowden wants to come back, but even he has bosses who have to approve it.
- UNC could be destined for the Music City Bowl, thanks to its hoops tradition, not football.
- What kind of an effect will playing each other during the regular season have on Clemson and Georgia Tech?
- After finishing the season on a winning note, Miami is ready for a quick break before bowl season.
- All things considered, Boston College can take a lot of pride in what it accomplished this year.
- If there's one game that wraps up Duke's season, it was the season opener against Richmond.
- Georgia Tech special teams coach Jeff Monken was hired as Georgia Southern's next head coach.
12:30 PM ET South Carolina State 23 Clemson 3:30 PM ET Richmond Virginia 4:00 PM ET Georgia Tech Tulane 6:00 PM ET Old Dominion North Carolina State 6:30 PM ET Gardner-Webb Wake Forest 7:00 PM ET Murray State 25 Louisville 7:00 PM ET Florida A&M Miami (FL) 7:00 PM ET Duke Troy 7:30 PM ET Citadel 1 Florida State 8:00 PM ET San Diego State 21 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 8 Ohio State