ACC lunchtime links
October, 29, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- He's a leader on and off the field, so much so that even those on Georgia Tech's Board of Regents recognize defensive tackle Darryl Richard's ability to influence his classmates and teammates. Between his work in the community and earning his MBA, King Richard has so many other responsibilities this week that Florida State is last on the list.
- The month of November has never been kind to the Duke football team, as the Blue Devils are 4-34 during the month since their last bowl game in 1994. Coach David Cutcliffe knew coming into the year, though, that November would define his first Duke team.
- You know Virginia coach Al Groh has done a good job when somebody at rival Virginia Tech is giving him credit for it. And yes, I was one of those jokers.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson is driving his offense straight toward a bowl game, and FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews has spent this week figuring out how to stop it.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney used the bye week to watch all of the Tigers' games this season and discover what we already knew -- Clemson has all of the talent it needs to be a good football team. Said Swinney:
"We're not a broken team. We're not an old jalopy hooptie car that we've put a paint job on and some new rims. We've got everything on this car."
They just need to find somebody to drive it.