ACC's lunchtime links
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Maryland is still uncertain of the status of ACC leading rusher Da'Rel Scott for Thursday night's game at Virginia Tech, and he's a player they can't afford to lose.
- One of the key matchups to watch in that game will be the Terps' top playmaker, receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, against Hokies cornerback Victor "Macho" Harris, who is arguably the Hokies' top playmaker. Harris said he "can't, can't wait" to go against Heyward-Bey.
- Florida State backup quarterback Drew Weatherford called Clemson quarterback Cullen Harper a few weeks ago to offer Harper encouragement after he was benched. Only Harper, though, has since gained his job back, and he's got some confidence heading into Tallahassee.
- But Florida State left guard Rodney Hudson has "come a million miles" since the first time he lined up against the Tigers.
- Virginia tailback Cedric Peerman was so determined to vote he drove over an hour to Lynchburg after he was told he was in the wrong place. There was one vote coach Al Groh didn't agree with -- an official's call in his Miami game:
"Everybody who has looked at it - everybody - men, women, children, coaches, ACC representatives, everybody says it was a good catch," Groh said. "There was only one person on the planet who didn't see it that way. I am not criticizing him; I am just saying that's the facts.
"We saw it one way, he saw it the other way [and] he had the vote."