ACC's lunchtime links
February, 12, 2010
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
Be nice to your valentine, fellas ...
- The respect Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson and defensive line coach Andy McCollum have for each other goes way back. This hire sounds like a great fit for the Jackets.
- Before Virginia coach Mike London can start rebuilding at Virginia, he had to start building from the ground up, beginning with his new staff.
- Maryland will partner with Texas to escape the NCAA's new recruiting rule for head-coaches-in-waiting.
- Clemson defensive backs coach Charlie Harbison isn't going to Florida after all. But wait, what's that? Reports that Florida hired Teryl Austin are wrong?
- If Harbison is staying put, and Austin is the leading candidate for the job, then odds are Miami's Michael Barrow isn't going anywhere, either. The Palm Beach Post is reporting that Barrow will be back coaching the linebackers in 2010. This will free up John Lovett to be the CEO of the defense.
- NC State has added an aggressive defensive coach in Jon Tenuta.