Wednesday, November 12, 2008
ACC's lunchtime links
By Heather Dinich
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Terence Moore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution says give Georgia Tech a break. The Jackets might not be playing in Tampa, but they'll be in a bowl, and that's more than many outside the program expected.
- What once seemed like a dilemma for Miami coach Randy Shannon has turned into a luxury, writes Israel Gutierrez of the Miami Herald.
- Oh, to be a sought-after college football coach. If UNC coach Butch Davis asks for money, will Dick Baddour up the ante for Roy Williams, too? Clemson is reportedly interested in Oklahoma defensive coordinator Brent Venables.
- Virginia Tech's offensive linemen finally calmed "The Curt" with their impressive performance against Maryland. It's been a piece of the offensive puzzle that has been missing all season.
- Maryland won't have all of its pieces together when it hosts North Carolina this weekend, as linebacker Rick Costa has been suspended indefinitely. The Terps' defense does need to be a little more aggressive, but this is crossing the line.