Saturday, November 22, 2008
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Happy game day, ACC fans! Enjoy it while it lasts, because it's almost over! Here's what everyone is saying today across the league.
- First of all, good luck to FSU safety Myron Rolle today, who, as we speak, could be interviewing for a Rhodes scholarship. As soon as I get to Byrd Stadium this afternoon, I'll give you an update on his travel plans.
- Maryland running back Davin Meggett has carried an important role for the Terps this season, but his biggest burden might be carrying the legacy of his father's NFL career.
- Several ACC coaches looked at NC State quarterback Russell Wilson and passed on him. Now he's returning the favor. UNC on the other hand, has some issues at quarterback. Ken Tysiac breaks downs the pros and cons of both. It will be a game-time decision. Don't think the Pack doesn't have anything on the line today in their rivalry game against UNC.
- Boston College has never won in Winston-Salem in its three tries, but if the Eagles pull it off today, they're one step closer to Tampa. Then again, Wake Forest is still playing for that trip, too.
- C.J. Spiller is back in the spotlight for Clemson. Since the departure of former offensive coordinator Rob Spence, the Tigers have been making sure their "horses are getting plenty of water." Virginia, of course, is tasked with stopping those horses if they want to get to a bowl game and stay in the Coastal Division race.
- Forget the fact that Virginia Tech has lost three of its past four. Everything has worked out for Dustin Keys. Well, almost everything. The Hokies are 0-4 when he misses a field goal. He has a secret motivator, though, to make them. It's possible Duke quarterback Zack Asack will play his first full game since 2005 today. Regardless, the Blue Devils are trying to do what their coach preaches -- finish.