Friday, November 28, 2008
ACC's lunchtime links: BC's Davis ready
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
I don't know about you guys, but I can't eat anymore. I might skip lunch, but not your lunchtime links:
- You'll never know what BC quarterback Dominique Davis is thinking, and that's just the way he likes it.
- UNC quarterback T.J. Yates got the starting nod over Cam Sexton.
- With conference championships either out of their hands or, in Georgia's case, out of the realm of possibility, the Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets turn their attention to the state championship this weekend.
- Glenn Cook, aka "Granddaddy Cook" will play his final game for Miami this weekend, and the 23-year-old starting middle linebacker would never have been the Canes' leading tackler this season had it not been for a sixth season of eligibility. In order to go out on a winning note, though, he and the Miami defense will have to stop NC State quarterback Russell Wilson, whose biggest fan on Saturday will be his baseball coach.
- Much like the change the entire program has this season, Clemson running back James Davis also has a different outlook on things as he prepares to play his last game in Tiger Stadium.