Monday, June 14, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Links even Strasburg would appreciate ...
- Maryland is happy in the ACC. That makes three athletic directors who have voiced their intent to stay in the conference -- Jim Weaver at Virginia Tech and Kirby Hocutt at Miami have also gone on record saying they have no intentions of bolting. Well, make that four. Boston College AD Gene DeFilippo has said it repeatedly in the past.
- In hindsight, FSU owes the NCAA an apology, writes Mike Bianchi.
- Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker says he hasn't had any conversations with the Rockies about the possibility of also playing football.
- Duke's Johnny Williams has welcomed the opportunity to move from wide receiver to defensive back, where he also plans on making a few catches.
- No news is usually good news this time of year. Just ask Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson, who had to suspend defensive end Robert Hall indefinitely.
- Virginia picked up its 14th commitment this past weekend, a linebacker.