Monday, August 23, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Here we go ...
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says quarterback Kyle Parker has a faster path to the pros in football.
- Agent Gary Wichard is the key to the NCAA investigation, not former player Kentwan Balmer, writes Caulton Tudor.
- While many teams across the country are playing creampuffs, Virginia Tech will have a lot at stake in Week 1.
- Virginia linebacker Steve Greer will be required to play more in space in the 4-3 defense, and he's working hard on his new role.
- Bigger story in Florida -- replacing Tim Tebow or Bobby Bowden? No contest.
- Miami has bumped up redshirt freshman Jermaine Johnson to the first team as a result of injury to Joel Figueroa, but coach Randy Shannon isn't concerned.
- Georgia Tech is beginning to turn its attention to South Carolina State.
- Duke cornerback Chris Rwabukamba has more to accomplish at Duke before he sets off in search of a pro career.
- The injury to Wake Forest receiver Devon Brown isn't as bad as they thought -- he's bruised, but back.
- Duke center Bryan Morgan is passionate about both football and music, and he doesn't want to let either one of them go.
- BC's injuries are piling up, but at least the Eagles know who their quarterback is.