Wednesday, September 15, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Alright now, guys, we've got another West Coast kickoff this weekend ... who's pulling the all-nighter with me? Who's with me??!! (Good company on Twitter this past weekend for the UVA game! Follow me @ESPN_ACC. Randy Shannon's not my coach, tee hee.) ...
- Confidence is brewing in Durham as the Blue Devils prepare to take on the No. 1 team in the nation.
- It's a rare occasion when a defending national champ visits the state of North Carolina (we're talking football, here, people).
- There's plenty of history between Duke and Alabama, and it can be traced right back to the namesake of the Blue Devils' Stadium.
- Just for the record, Brandon Maye, I sit on the couch and eat pretzels and chips, not donuts. Now go stop the run.
- Sorry, Greg Reid, for jinxing you last weekend with the Friday Conversation.
- Not only does Virginia Tech have a 0-2 record, it has a disgruntled running back.
- Paul Johnson cracks me up. He tells it like it is. No "movie, TV crap" for him.
- The ACC championship game will be relevant no matter what the start to the season because it's the only way to the Orange Bowl.
- WVU has won the past four games against Maryland. Can the Terps start to reverse that trend?
- The wait was worth it for tight end Joe Torchia and Virginia fans.
- Butch Davis' son, Drew, doesn't get any special treatment from his high school teammates.