Tuesday, March 31, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Plenty to chew on today ...
- Frank Beamer will start to find out this week whether the Hokies really are good enough to contend for a national title.
- Wake Forest defensive coordinator Brad Lambert has his work cut out for him this year, as seven starters are gone from 2008.
- There was so much offense coming out of Monday's scrimmage in Tallahassee, that even FSU coach Bobby Bowden was surprised:
"I've never seen as many long runs in my life," Bowden told the [Tallahassee] Democrat. "I'm talking 60 yards, 70 yards. In the end, the defense kind of tightened it up a bit. I don't know what happened."
- Ha ... this is so true ... Travis Sawchik of the Post and Courier called Clemson's hire of Dan Brooks one of the "worst kept secrets on campus." Good hire by Dabo Swinney nonetheless.
- Georgia Tech will be deeper at receiver this year, and part of that stems from the return of Tyler Melton.
- Here's one I missed -- the details of FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett's new contract. And another about BC kicker Steve Aponavicius' good fortunes from one coaching staff to the next.