Friday, November 26, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
- Florida State's seniors have experienced just about everything -- academic scandal, retirement of Bobby Bowden -- but never a win over rival Florida.
- If Miami quarterback Jacory Harris doesn't start against South Florida this weekend, coach Randy Shannon can expect a call from Harris' father.
- Virginia Tech tight end Andre Smith and offensive coordinator Bryan Stinespring's "five-year marriage" is coming to a close.
- Despite the dwindling statistics and production from Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker, the staff insists he has not regressed.
- Georgia Tech hasn't forgotten what it's like to have a dose of its own medicine.
- NC State defensive coordinator Mike Archer doesn't seem to mind that the credit for the defensive turnaround is going to the arrival of Jon Tenuta.
- Virginia coach Mike London almost joined Frank Beamer's staff.
- If there's a silver lining to North Carolina's off-field troubles this fall, it would be the growth of the players who were called upon to lead who might not otherwise have gotten the playing time.
- BC's Ifeanyi Momah has turned into one of Chase Rettig's favorite targets, but don't be surprised if he lines up on defense again at Syracuse.
- Maryland secondary coach Kevin Lempa helped the Terps lure in a prep school DB.