|ESPN.com: ACC||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
There are some things you just can't predict. Here are a few unexpected moments and story lines -- in order of biggest surprise to the least -- that happened this spring in the ACC:
1. Duke guard Greg Paulus is offered a tryout at receiver by Duke coach David Cutcliffe. Paulus turns it down to play quarterback at another FBS school. Huh?
2. FSU president T.K. Wetherell calls Samford some "dips---" school. Who woulda thunkit?
3. UNC quarterback T.J. Yates gets injured again, especially by a Frisbee at the team picnic. What are the odds?
4. Ralph Friedgen loses almost 80 pounds.
5. Georgia Tech temporarily adds 350+ pound actor Quenton Aaron to its roster this spring.
6. Bryce Brown to Tennessee in mid-March, Robert Marve likely to Purdue in the near future.
7. The transfer of Wake Forest backup quarterback Brett Hodges. Not even Riley Skinner saw that one coming.
8. Clemson quarterback Kyle Parker dominates the spring game and then a baseball game against Miami.
9. Another FSU receiver gets suspended. Considering the trend, not much of a surprise.
10. Personally ... Hitching a golf cart ride to a rainy Tar Heels' practice with Butch Davis, spending my 30th birthday with the Wake Forest staff, and working out at 5:30 a.m. with Billy Napier and his wife at the Clemson Gold's Gym. (It was the only time to talk to her in person about Clemson's new OC).